Season 7: The Super Mario 64 Finale, or simply Season 7, is the seventh and potential last season of Super Mario 64 Bloopers. The season greatly differs from the rest:
- Unlike all other Seasons, which have 50 episodes (not counting Season 6), Season 7 only has 20.
- There's an actual storyline that keeps on returning, much like actual series (like The Mentalist), which have a A -> B storyline.
- Coco does not appear in the season, nor is she even mentioned or referenced.
- The Season crosses over with several other series, e.g Sonic the Hedgehog, Kirby, Mega Man, Kid Icarus and Metroid.
- Most episodes end with a Cliffhanger. Similarly, all episodes begin with a recap to ensure no one will miss anything and/or become confused.
Warning: Major spoilers ahead. Read at own risk.
In this illative, closing chapter of the Super Mario 64 Bloopers series, a new supervillain appears from the curtains - But what are his plans ? All video game heroes must come together for this, and find out his evil scheme, if they will ever find him. And also... Who is the supervillain ?
The story takes place 100 years after the finale of Season 6. One day, everyone in the Mushroom Kingdom vanished for no particular reason at all. The kingdom has since become a ghost town, and why no one aged in this time is for plot convenience.
Lady Palutena of Skyworld has been unable to find the missing people, and so Pit and Dark Pit volunteer (okay, Pit dragged Pittoo along with him) to find them. After an uncontested yet scary-silent flight, they arrive in Toad Town. After a few jokes about its former days, Pit investigates the scene for clues, while Pittoo attempts to get away from it all by going into the library. A thick book then falls onto his head (ouch) and he sees how dusty and old it is. After brushing off the age, he finds it's a book about the Five Gems of Harmony, which were used by the Five Sacred Spirits centuries ago to bring peace to the land. The gems are:
1. The Gem of Joy - Those who are joyous and make others feel better in tough times represent the Gem of Joy.
2. The Gem of Generosity - Those who give as much as they receive represent the Gem of Generosity.
3. The Gem of Loyalty - Those who are loyal to friend, not foe, represent the Gem of Loyalty.
4. The Gem of Honesty - Those who fail to lie and succeed to admit to mistakes represent the Gem of Honesty.
5. The Gem of Kindness - The greatest gem of all, those whose hearts are pure and whose goodwill shines through in all they do represent the Gem of Kindness.
The book goes on to tell of a prophecy that tells of many heroes of many worlds gathering to stop a force of evil from acquiring these gems. The book then creates a golden key. As Dark Pit looks it over, another passage says that this key will open the portals to the worlds in which these heroes come from, and that they will enter by these portals. A lock then appears on the cover. Inserting the key into the lock, Pittoo turns it. The book then rises out of his hands and begins to glow. All of a sudden, magic comes out of the pages to form spiral-like portals. Pittoo freaks out as the pages in the book turn madly, and video game characters come out of the portals unconscious. Then, the golden key removes itself and flies into Dark Pit's hand as the book stops glowing and settles to the ground. New writing has appeared, telling to not lose the golden key, which is known as Aalora, as it is the way to open the path to the Operator's defeat. Dark Pit begs to know what happened to the kingdom, so the magic book takes him into the past as a spectator.
After the cancellation of the series, YouTube created the Operator to keep the cast and crew in check. However, the Operator became a virus and destroyed the Mushroom Kingdom, trapping many of them in the temples where the Five Gems of Harmony were hidden. Only a lucky few escaped into their own worlds. Using a magic that obscured even Palutena's All-Seeing Eye's ability to find them, the Operator gathered enough power to create a shadowy army, and threatened the escapees, saying if they returned to save their friends, they would get to witness their executions - both their friends and their own.
Pittoo wishes that he and Pit had been there to save them when the Operator first attacked. Speaking of Pit, he comes into the library and is shocked by what he see. After breaking out of the trance, Dark Pit explains the situation. After yet another bad joke, the two search the library for more clues on this. Pit finds a locked cabinet hidden behind a fake bookcase. Using Aalora, Pittoo opens it to find a compass made of amethyst that will direct the prophesied hero to the gems. Pit makes another bad joke and assumes that one of the heroes the book brought is the prophesied one. He then leaves the library to find clues, and Pittoo, after contemplating who the prophesied could be, starts to follow suit. However, to his horror, they have all vanished, and Pittoo himself is engulfed in a shadow.
Teleported to an unspecified pocket dimension, the Operator reveals himself and tells him his sadistic plan - create a black hole to destroy the universe. He then asks Pittoo to join him, seeing as he is a darkness-manifested being whose existence is unnatural, thus making him an outcast. Dark Pit sees a gateway of light and runs through it, barely escaping the Operator.
After waking up from yet another trance, Pittoo decides that until they find the prophesied hero, he's gonna have to serve as it for the time being. The compass activates and points him in the direction of the Gem of Joy. Dragging Pit with him, Dark Pit travels to the Crystal Cavern to find it, concluding the first episode.
- Episode 275: Curse on the Mushroom Kingdom - 100 years have passed since Season 6 of Super Mario 64 Bloopers. The kingdom was doing well without it, but all of a sudden, it turned into a ghost town, the residents having vanished. Palutena, Goddess of Light, sends Pit and Dark Pit into the kingdom to check things out...and what they find surprises them.
- Episode 276: Operation Operator - Pit and "Pittoo" find the first gem, only to see how Mephiles the Dark snatches it from them - Wait, Mephiles ? Wasn't he from the Sonic universe ? And wasn't he erased from history ? Something weird is going on..
- Episode 277: Snailventures - Dark Pit finds Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Tails, Mega Man and Escargoon. They try to explain what happened, but The Operator teleports behind them and manages to kidnap Tails, and send everyone else but Escargoon to a unspecified snowy mountain. Escargoon must save Tails and reunite the heroes before it's - gulp - too late ?
- Episode 278: A Three Way Adventure - Pit battles one of the Operator's generals, Zephyr, Palutena comes to the kingdom in person to save SMG4 from a petrified state, and Dark Pit breaks into Mephiles' lair for the Gem of Joy in a thrilling episode with three plots going on at the same time!
- Episode 279: The Water Temple - After Mephiles' get-away (though dropping the Gem in the process) and Zephyr's retreat, Pittoo finds Samus, Bowser Jr., and Link imprisoned in the Cave of Sadness. Link explains what happened and that the Gem of Generosity is hidden in the Water Temple. None of the Operator's troops can swim or hold their breath for very long. But neither can the heroes, right? Riiiiight?
- Episode 280: Down Where It's Wetter - Samus, Zero, Palutena, and Link prepare for an underwater adventure to the Water Temple.
- Episode 281: Dimensional Duo - Mephiles teams up with a similar villain, Dimentio ! Meanwhile, Escargoon finds Mega Man and Luigi, and the trio sets off to stop Dr. Eggman and Eggrobo from draining Marx's energy in order for their Hypnotizing Device to work - But will they arrive in time to stop the brainwashing, or will they fall prey to mind control ?
- Episode 282: Zilch Brainz - Eggrobo appears to have already bewitched Tails and PAC-MAN, the latter of which believes he's a mobster. When Sonic gets amnesia, everything goes haywire. Meanwhile, Pittoo finds an entrance to the Water Temple, but they're stopped by Rayquaza.
- Episode 283: Goddess of Light - Palutena teams up with Zelda to end the chaos and Pittoo sneaks into the Water Temple. The others battle Rayquaza as Bowser Jr. finds the Operator and challenges him to a duel.
- Episode 284: The Three Tests - Getting the Gem of Generosity isn't as easy as you'd think. Zephyr tried to do it, but failed because he couldn't pass the Three Tests assembled by the gem's guardian, the Kraken. Can Pittoo pass the tests?
- Episode 285: The Chase Is On - Having passed the tests, Pittoo is officially the Guardian of the Gems, having to protect the Five Gems of Harmony. When this information gets out, it changes the game - Eggman instructs Metal Sonic to track him down, a group of thieves from another kingdom are trying to steal them for profit, and Zephyr is sending troop after troop after him. Luckily, Pittoo has the mysterious Sheik helping him to stay in the shadows, blend in, and become a ninja.
- Episode 286: Marxed Manor - Pit, Mario and Luigi get stuck in a abandoned and seemingly haunted townhouse. After saving ghosts from both Luigi's Mansion games from getting brainwashed, the trio discovers there's a lot more going on in this countryhouse. Meanwhile, Bowser Jr. lost against The Operator and is heavily injured. Will he make it ?
- Episode 287: Indestructible - Eggman gets the Roboticizer ready to turn some people into robots - Wait what ? After luring Pit and Palutena in a trap, they fall prey to the machine...
- Episode 288: Like Father, Like Son - Bowser finds his son and saves his life. The two destroy the roboticizer and send Eggman packing as Pittoo finds out that the power of the gems can turn Pit and Palutena back to normal. He succeeds, but only then does Zephyr manage to find him...
- Episode 289: Twin Gems - The Gems of Honesty and Loyalty are inseparable, both having been crafted from the Starlight Stone. While Pittoo recovers from his fight with Zephyr, Kirby, Meta-Knight, Mario, and Luigi go looking for the gems, and find them in the most unlikely of places.
- Episode 290: Climbing the Mountain - Oooookaaaay...how did the gems end up as friendship bracelets for the Ice Climbers? Well, we don't know, but we have to get them, and fast! Our four heroes and a group of enemies climb up Icy Mountain in order to get them. But it's called Icy Mountain for a reason. Get ready for the most dangerous slip n' slide you've ever played on!
- Episode 291: Angry Bloopers - Right when the mountain was about to collapse, the heroes are saved by a guy with a slingshot. Or is it ? The Angry Birds introduce themselves to our heroes, but during a rescue mission, Mephiles and Dimentio kidnap Bubbles, Stella and The Blues.
- Episode 292: Battle Network - When Dr. Wily teams up with Eggman, there's only one hero powerful to stop him - Zer- err i meant Mega Man ! But even the greatest heroes need help. But surprisingly, Mega Man gets aided by the one and only Snake !
- Episode 293: Bolts - Ratchet and Clank appear, too ! Together with Mega Man, Zero and Snake, they help our heroes to save the hostages and retrieve the final gem.
- Episode 294: The Five Gems of Harmony - Dark Pit meets up with the Operator for the final battle using the Five Gems of Harmony. Will the kingdom's curse be lifted?
- Mega Man
- Dr. Wily
- Dr. Light
- Prince Fluff
- Heavy Lobster
- Bandana Waddle Dee
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- The Meta-Knights
- Dark Samus
- Dark Pit
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Metal Sonic
- Orbot & Cubot
- Scratch & Grounder
- Decoe & Bocoe
- Motobug & Buzz Bomber
- Angry Birds
- Bad Piggies
- Ice Climbers
- Solid Snake
- The Operator
- Season 7 is the only season to not feature Coco or Shy Guy. It was mentioned the latter presumably died after a car crash, along with Billy the Penguin. The former, however, was mentioned early on in the very first episode.
- Chris makes a cameo in the season. In Marxed Manor, in the lab, he can be seen sleeping in a glass case. A sign near it says "Future storage experiment - Put to sleep for 200 years, cannot decay or pass away."
- Season 7 is the darkest season of the series for the following reasons:
- One of the main characters has literally died (Shy Guy died in a car crash, as mentioned by SMG4).
- A sadistic, relentless killer appears (The Operator).
- The tragic backstory of the Mushroom Kingdom.
- The season ended on the release date of the SMG4 blooper "Shell Shocked".
- Knuckles and Amy Rose are the only main characters in the Sonic series to not appear in the season, not even as a cameo.
- One of the writers for the series, KoolKoopaGirl, stated that she "would like to do a mega-crossover like Season 7 at some point or other...Foreshadowing, perhaps? You'll have to figure that out on your own." Whether this means there will be another season akin to Season 7 at some point or other is not confirmed.
- The DVD Was Released On March 27th 2017